Ch SQLite is a Ch binding to the SQLite C library. Ch is an embeddable C/C++ interperter for scripting, shell programming, numerical computing, 2D/3D plotting and embedded scripting.
SQLite is small C library that implements a self-contained embeddable zero-configuration SQL database engine. With the Ch SQLite package, all C (or C++) programs using functions from the SQLite C library can readily run in Ch interpretively without compilation. It is an ideal solution for rapid prototyping, Web-based applications, and embedded scripting.
Ch SQLite version 1.2, December 17, 2007
(1) Updated to work with SQLite version 3.5.4 or above.
Ch SQLite version 1.1, March 27, 2007
(1) Updated to work with SQLite version 3.3.5 or above.
Ch SQLite version 1.0, September 6, 2005
(1) Ch Standard or Professional Edition version 184.108.40.20661
or higher .
Ch is free and available for multiple platforms from SoftIntegration at
(2) it has been tested and works with SQLite version 3.5.4 or above.
It may work with lower version without guarantee.
Installation Instructions from Ch SQLite Source
(1) Build and install the C SQLite library.
(2) Run the following command in a Ch shell under the directory SQLITE_HOME/ch.
Installation Instructions from Ch SQLite Binary for Windows
(1) Run the following command in a Ch shell under the directory chsqlite-1.2.0 created from the downloaded package.
(1) Run the following command in a Ch shell under the directory created from the downloaded package.
All existing SQLite C programs readily to run with Ch SQLite interpretively without compilation. When Ch SQLite is built, a directory with C demo programs using SQLite are created.
The program demo.c, below, illustrates how to use the Ch SQLite package. The program demo.c is ran interpretively under Ch. This program can be found in the directory CHHOME/package/chsqlite/demos after installation of the Ch SQLite package, where CHHOME is the home directory in which Ch is installed. this program will read a table from a database and output the data to the screen.
View The Source Online
Download Ch SQLite is open source. A separate binary for Windows is readily available to use in Ch. Both Ch SQLite source code and Ch SQLite binary for Windows can be downloaded from Sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/chsqlite
License Ch SQLite is open source in public domain.
Bo Chen bochen(@)ucdavis.edu
Stephen Nestinger thestinger(@)ucdavis.edu
Ch User's Group